Graduate Student, Biophysics
- PhD candidate in the Biophysics program, University of California, San Francisco
- B.S. in Biological Science, Peking University
- Ou laboratory, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University Nov. 2014 – Jul. 2015
- Investigated genes involved in cilliogenesis in C.elegans sensory neurons
- Kennedy laboratory, Buck Institute for Research on Aging Sept. 2014 –Nov. 2014
- Investigated the effect of tryptophan uptake on aging in C. elegans and mammalian cells
- Derry laboratory, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto Jul. 2014 – Sept. 2014
- Investigated the role of CCM-3 in C. elegans germline development
- Ouyang laboratory, Center for Quantitative Biology, Peking University Sept. 2013 – Jul. 2014
- Genome-wide study of intracellular NADPH level regulation and its impact on aging
- Investigated key transcription factors in replicative life span regulation in S. cerevisiae
- Investigated the mechanism of accelerated aging in budding yeast induced by telomerase inactivation
Honors and Awards:
- National Scholarship, Oct. 2014
- May Fourth Scholarship, Oct. 2013
- Third prize in the 3rd Summer Social Practice, Sept. 2012
- First prize in Biology Field Practice, Jul. 2012
- Xie, Z., Jay, K.A., Smith, D.L., Zhang, Y., Liu, Z., Zheng, J., Tian, R., Li, H. and Blackburn, E.H., 2015. Early telomerase inactivation accelerates aging independently of telomere length. Cell, 160(5), pp.928-939.
- He, C., Tsuchiyama, S.K., Nguyen, Q.T., Plyusnina, E.N., Terrill, S.R., Sahibzada, S., Patel, B., Faulkner, A.R., Shaposhnikov, M.V ., Tian, R. and Tsuchiya, M., 2014. Enhanced longevity by ibuprofen, conserved in multiple species, occurs in yeast through inhibition of tryptophan import. PLoS Genet, 10(12), p.e1004860.
- Boettcher M, Tian R, Blau JA, Markegard E, Wagner RT, Wu D, Mo X, Biton A, Zaitlen N, Fu H, McCormick F, Kampmann M, McManus MT. Dual gene activation and knockout screen reveals directional dependencies in genetic networks. Nat Biotechnol. 2018 Jan 15. doi: 10.1038/nbt.4062. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29334369.
Playing basketball, windsurfing, watching movies and traveling.