- BA Biological Sciences: Biochemistry - Northwestern University (2010)
- PhD Molecular and Cell Biology: “Biophysical Characterization of Ribosome Nascent Chain Energy Landscapes” - UC Berkeley (2017)
List of publications on Pubmed
- M. K. Jensen, A. J. Samelson, A. Steward, J. Clarke, S. Marqusee, The folding and unfolding behavior of ribonuclease H on the ribosome. J. Biol. Chem., 1–15 (2020).
- A. J. Samelson et al., Kinetic and structural comparison of a protein’s cotranslational folding and refolding pathways. Sci. Adv. 4, eaas9098 (2018).
- A. J. Samelson, M. K. Jensen, R. A. Soto, J. H. D. Cate, S. Marqusee, Quantitative determination of ribosome nascent chain stability. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 113, 13402–13407 (2016).
The selective vulnerability of neurons and neuronal subtypes to proteostatic stress and protein aggregation continues to be a mystery in the study of neurodegenerative disease, aging, and cellular quality control. I am interested in understanding the interplay between cell-type specific protein quality control and sequence determinants of protein aggregation in vivo using deep mutational scanning and functional genomics approaches.
Swimming, hiking, food