PROPEL Scholar and Staff Research Associate
B.S. in Biology — California State University, Fresno (2022)
- Dr. David Lent, CSU Fresno: Sep 2019 – May 2022
- Investigated the effects of galantamine hydrobromide, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, on learning, memory, and circadian rhythms of Drosophila melanogaster fruit flies with Alzhiemer’s disease
- Dr. Ben Emery and Dr. Kelly Monk, Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU): Jun 2021 – Aug 2021
- Used zebrafish and cultured mouse cell models to examine the role of FBXW7 in oligodendrocyte development and myelination capabilities
Honors and Awards
- Smittcamp Family President’s Honors Scholarship (PHS), CSU Fresno: 2018 – 2022
- Research Training Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE) program member, CSU Fresno: 2020 – 2022
- Honors Biology Program member, CSU Fresno: 2021 – 2022
- Howard P. Kubo M.D.: Outstanding Achievement in the Biomedical Sciences, CSU Fresno: May 2021
- Faculty Sponsored Student Research Award (FSSRA), CSU Fresno: Nov 2021
Interests and Hobbies
I enjoy learning about many aspects of neuroscience, but in particular, I am interested in mechanisms involving multiple sclerosis through myelin, glia, and/or neurons to contribute to the wealth of knowledge surrounding the disease.
In my spare time, I like to hang out with friends, listen to music, game, and play Dungeons & Dragons.